Saturday, December 30, 2006

the year is almost ending...

Saddam Hussein was executed at dawn local time in Iraq. The dictator is dead. He was an evil man but Bush's foreign policy on Iraq was undoubtedly a failure. The President of the USA may try and bask in his execution as something positive and something that his country created by itself. I have a feeling Bush will try and saturate himself in it and that is not the point. It shouldn't be about ego, it should be about the Iraqi people's new beginnings. Prove me wrong George!

Politics hangs as a shadow over our lives and will continue to do so because it is just an elements so important to our survival. I don't know what implications his death will have on us but something tells me the consequences are going to be big whether in a positive way or a bad way. I was watching the BBC this morning and they said that the US embassies worldwide are on high alert. The moment he died is going to be a testing time for the Allied Forces so security needs to be seriously tight because anything could happen as far as I am concerned.

What are your reactions? I think his half-brother was executed too. Iraq has now got a 'new beginning' superficially and I hope that they finally get the chance to live in their country and rule themselves without Bush's colonial eye looking over them.

~A