Sunday, August 13, 2006

Heathrow: The Aftermath

Where do I start? Where to begin? I had the unfortunate luck of being at Heathrow Airport on the 10th of August when all the craziness happened. If you havent heard about the attempted terrorist attacks on multiple planes, then you have been living underneath a rock. It was manic, chaos and unbelievable. I won't try and bore anyone with my story of how it was an awful day and missing flights and lost luggage but what I will say is those terrorists need to sit down and think for a minute -- what is the purpose of killing innocent souls? Fine, so you are trying to make a point but WHO CARES? We all suffer whether it is in a big or small way. I know the political climate today is very intense but we are all allowed to have opinions. For me it isn't about religion or disenfranchised youth or even about racism -- it is about ego and power. Everyone is fighting to be on top but it does not have to include children and families going on holidays or returning home. I know the world has anti-British and American sentiment on the whole and I am not British but after being there that day, I have seen that it isnt America or Britain's govt that will suffer, it is the poor families at home of the victims that suffer.

At least Scotland Yard got on it and foiled it...just in time