Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Generalisations are the bane of my university life!

While waiting for the long train back to the hills of Bristol from my day trip in London (which was brilliant!), I went to WHSmith to get some reading material (I need to join Fashion Magazines Anonymous - I am addicted) and I bought a black hair care magazine as this girl's hair needs constant TLC and attention. Flicking through and there were some cute hairstyles here and there, then there was a section of fine men giving their opinions on what kind of woman they liked and what kind of hair. Some DRY newcomer called Jovan-something-I-wanna-be-Chris-Brown was asked about his hair. He said that he used to always get it cornrowed yet that was boring him now as he hated sitting down. But since he spent lots of ''effort'' getting his hair done, he expects the same type of treatment that his woman should do. Then he just put himself up for Cardinal sinner of the YEAR when he said that he loves to see ''long hair'' on the back of a woman because it's exciting to see what she will look like on the front!

Say it with me -- he is a complete and utter Troll. What the hell is his comment supposed to mean? So I guess stunning women such as Nia Long and Halle Berry's short pixie haircuts make them not as attractive as say Donatella Versace who isn't exactly the most bodacious Italian babe? Men truly do confuse me sometimes. I don't care if people think everyone has their tastes etc because that is true, I am not refuting that. What really winds me up is men who judge based on appearance like that! So a woman with short cropped hair isn't as pretty as a woman with long hair? I have heard through some biological sources that long hair is associated with fertility but it is completely foolish to judge that a woman will be pretty from the back simply because she has long strands of hair.

And for the record Jovan, you are an idiot because cornrowing is a traditional African style for Girls, not Boys, yes, my friend, it is for your female counterparts and if you ever came to my homeland (Tanzania) with those braids on your head, you would be looked at like you were less than a man and a girly man so Jovan, what would you think if my mum generalised you? (which she would simply to see the crestfallen look on your face).

p/s -- train stations in england are freezing cold. here's a note to the owner of paddington train station: find a heater and put it in there!